Hayward Powerline .5 hp pump leaks after 6 months

Not familiar with this pump but you may check the seal plate for damage also. This is the area the mechanical seal (white ceramic piece) resides in and if it spins on shaft, it can damage the seal plate which is plastic. If this happens, you can keep replacing seals without effectively curing the problem and will have constant leakage down the shaft into motor side of the unit.

I'd also check to make sure the pump isn't being run dry on initial start up. Make sure you have it well primed with water filling the basket as heat can/will damage this seal in short order cause damage/leaks. If basket is draining dry and takes the pump a long time to prime, it may be worth investing and installing a check valve to keep water in the basket while pump is off.

I haven't taken the pump apart as it was under guarantee, so I wouldn't know what the internals were like apart from the images
What bothers me now is the replacement pump is showing signs of leakage as well after only a few months and I'm not to happy about my suppliers response
Regarding the pump water level. It is always virtually full because it is at the same level as the pool (if disconnect the pump inlet water flows out)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.