Hayward Omnilogic touch screen problem

Jun 29, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I have a Hayward Omnilogic. Is there any way to calibrate the touch screen on it?

When I touch a specific spot, it thinks I am touching about 1/2 inch lower. Makes it almost impossible to touch anything in the top row. Every so often I get lucky. :D

Disappointing from a unit that is 2 years old.

Indeed it is, but sounds like you need a new membrane or whatever type pad. Don't feel alone, my Pentair remote has seperation issues, but it does still function correctly. Still gives a bad impression as it happened early on mine.

Ridiculous after only two years. Hopefully, my unit is the exception and others aren't having this problem. Many people will never even know if the problem exists as most are likely controlling it from a remote controller.

I am going to call this week and see about warranty on that screen. I believe the warranty is 3 years. Hopefully they have any easy method to warranty a part like that (i know, probably wishful thinking on my part). Hoping they dont tell me to send the whole unit to them for evaluation....lol

just wondering if you got this resolved My system is also about 2 years old and the touch screen behaves weird (doesn't respond for most selections)

My apologies. I had been meaning to update this thread. I called Hayward Tech Support and they gave me some instructions on how to calibrate the screen. It worked. They mentioned that some screens will not be fixable depending on whether you are able to "touch" the needed spots.

Some cryptic notes I took:

Config
arrow to right - Shell Command
reserve for trained
Erase calibration
Power down and then back up

Sorry for the crappy instructions. I was meaning to write up better instructions. Though the instructions are cryptic it should be obvious what to press.

My apologies. I had been meaning to update this thread. I called Hayward Tech Support and they gave me some instructions on how to calibrate the screen. It worked. They mentioned that some screens will not be fixable depending on whether you are able to "touch" the needed spots.

Some cryptic notes I took:

Config
arrow to right - Shell Command
reserve for trained
Erase calibration
Power down and then back up

Sorry for the crappy instructions. I was meaning to write up better instructions. Though the instructions are cryptic it should be obvious what to press.

I just tried the screen calibration, you are correct, you have to hit config arrow to the right Shell Command then reserved for trained personnel and erase calibration. After I have done that, got little boxes in each corner, have to touch them one after the other and finally one in the middle.
That did the trick! I can now access all the icons and I did the latest firmware update as well!

I have a Hayward Omnilogic. Is there any way to calibrate the touch screen on it?

When I touch a specific spot, it thinks I am touching about 1/2 inch lower. Makes it almost impossible to touch anything in the top row. Every so often I get lucky. :D

Disappointing from a unit that is 2 years old.

I have had my omnilogic for a year and now have the same problem. Thank you for the instructions for the potential fix. I will give that a try.

Good morning so glad to have this thread. I also have the same issue 2 and 1/2 year omnilogic. Gotten to the point where I can't even get to that screen it's off so bad. I can get all the way to the screen with erase calibration. But I can't engage the erase and restart button. The display is off that far nothing I can press when I get into those smaller buttons work. I shut the system off and on dozen times trying to get it to unlock from those screens and start over. Anyone got additional advice short of calling out of tech? Thanks

Hi all.. I have the same issue my pool is 2 years old.. I followed all the steps listed above.. but when I select the erase caliberation it is not allowing me to or selecting the check box when a popup window pops to ask confirmation... does anyone have any solution for this one.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not quite at the 4 year mark and I can no longer calibrate the HAYWARD OMNILOGIC screen. The Omnilogic was definitely NOT worth the money in my opinion. I can't say if other products are better, but having to replace the screen is ridiculous. I use the screen not even once a month. Since my original post above, EVERY time I have used the screen I have had to recalibrate. Finally, a few months ago recalibration was impossible as there are buttons I can't get to because the offset to push them is off the screen (if that makes sense).

Called Hayward tech line and they said you have to replace the screen. The screen on this should really last the life of the product. Shame on Hayward for not offering to replace these screens, which I have to assumed were not built well or had crappy specs.

Screen part number is HLX-LCD

Reactions: Touchdown5378
Not quite at the 4 year mark and I can no longer calibrate the HAYWARD OMNILOGIC screen. The Omnilogic was definitely NOT worth the money in my opinion. I can't say if other products are better, but having to replace the screen is ridiculous. I use the screen not even once a month. Since my original post above, EVERY time I have used the screen I have had to recalibrate. Finally, a few months ago recalibration was impossible as there are buttons I can't get to because the offset to push them is off the screen (if that makes sense).

Called Hayward tech line and they said you have to replace the screen. The screen on this should really last the life of the product. Shame on Hayward for not offering to replace these screens, which I have to assumed were not built well or had crappy specs.

Screen part number is HLX-LCD
J garden I agree , I was lucky and mine went out with same issue you mentioned at 33 months on a 36 month warranty.
I installed mine but cant figure out how to connect to my new MSP. I added the number but cant connect.

I just wanted to update for anyone who find this thread and has version 3.2 or later. Hayward has removed the "Shell Command" option and this procedure will no longer work to recalibrate the screen. Now, you only need to touch the center of your screen for 10 seconds during boot up. You will get a screen with "???" then when you let off the calibration starts (pressing squares around the screen). It will then reboot with new calibration. This is actually brilliant as some of us had such bad calibration that we could not navigate the menu to initiate it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.