Upstate South Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
I have been recently getting alarms for provisioning errors from my OmniLogic controller. The alarms include "Error Provisioning invalid passwor" and “Error Provisioning validating key”. I can clear the alarm, and then it's back within several minutes. My pool builder / service company cannot seem to get an answer as to what is causing this. The system is on the latest firmware. Based on my internet search, it looks like this was an issue back in 2019 that was maybe solved by a firmware update.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: TygerDad
Here is the response from Hayward Tech Support: "Thank you for contacting Hayward Customer App Support. If the MSP has already been upgraded to 4.4, set the date/time to "Automatically get date and time from Internet" at the MSP display and set it to the correct time zone. Also, ensure that the Omni is connected to the internet. The provisioning alarm should terminate after the MSP gets the correct date/time from the internet."

I currently have ver 4.3, and I did this when daylight savings time went into effect. MSP firmware ver 4.4 was supposed to be released on 05-09-22, however, I do not see it on their website as yet. Have asked tech support for a location.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the same “error provisioning” etc. notification. Everything seems to be working though. I’m on the most recent I can find on Hayward website which is listed as 4.3.0.

edit: the error notification just went away on its own. I hate flakey software but ok, everything’s working and no errors so all’s well that ends well?

Last edited:
I have the same “error provisioning” etc. notification. Everything seems to be working though. I’m on the most recent I can find on Hayward website which is listed as 4.3.0.

edit: the error notification just went away on its own. I hate flakey software but ok, everything’s working and no errors so all’s well that ends well?
Interesting. I was able to get version 4.4 from Hayward tech support and installed it. The provisioning alarm did go away, not sure now if it was on their server or local. In any event, glad it's been resolved!

Reactions: SoDel
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.