Hayward H400 Heater not kicking on

Nov 1, 2016
Carrollton
Hello.

I am new to this forum so please excuse my newbie mistakes. I have the Hayward H400 heater and I just can't get it to kick on....i installed a new board when a couple of resistor burned up and new pressure switch. When i start it up the fan kicks on, pilot light is nice and red, glowing through the window and then it clicks and the pilot light just goes out, then it tries again...always with the same result of no burn. i did have a technician come out but i honestly didn't trust that he did the right things...he said the natural gas valve needs to be replaced....i took off the valve, and performed a bench test....brought it into work and applied 24 volts to it and i could hear the valve opening and closing just fine....actually took the valve all apart and cleaned it and double check (not much to it).

Just curious is i'm missing anything?? I appreciate your help. Dan

Did you check the gas injection nozzles. Sometimes spiders make webs in them so the heater won't fire.

Also, is it displaying an error?

just to update everyone. i finally had a chance this weekend to look at the unit again. I pulled the injection nozzles and they were mostly plugged with spider nest/web. Once i cleaned everything out and turned the unit on, everything worked just fine. I am now an expert with H400 model spa heaters....;)!
Thanks Mark for driving me in that direction. I had read articles but honestly didn't believe this could happen. 20161211_121945.jpg

I have had many a technician tell me that after they clean the orifices they spray the area with WD40 and let it dry. They swear it keeps the spiders away. Do not spray while the heater is running LOL.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.