Hayward filter Pressure gauge

brasilmom

Jul 23, 2011
Brookfield, WI
Hello everyone,

I was rather surprised today when I turned on the pump and saw a spray of water coming from behind the filter. Upon investigating, I saw that the water was coming from the small pipe that attaches the gauge to the valve. The gauge itself is old and needs replacement, but I do not know if the small pipe can be replaced by itself f if I need to replace the entire valve. Any ideas? The filter is model S310T. Thank you for your help.

Thank you. So, where the gauge is located in the picture, there is a small pipe running vertical, so the gauge sits above the valve itself. I will take a picture and post. However, we checked again and it appears that the area where the pipe connect, or where the gauge would connect is cracked, so I would think I need to replace the valve all together. If so, I am not sure I will be able to find locally, would Amazon be a reliable source?

There is a 1.5” model or a 2” model.

1.5” Model.

Hayward - Vari-Flo SP0714T 1 1/2" top-mount valve. Hayward Vari-Flo XL Multiport valve retrofits any filter that has a SP071113.

2” Model.

Hayward SP071620T Pro Series Control Valve Vari-Flo 2-Inch with Clamp.

There is a 1.5” model or a 2” model.

1.5” Model.

Hayward - Vari-Flo SP0714T 1 1/2" top-mount valve. Hayward Vari-Flo XL Multiport valve retrofits any filter that has a SP071113.

2” Model.

Hayward SP071620T Pro Series Control Valve Vari-Flo 2-Inch with Clamp.

I am hoping to receive the valve today. I am glad the temperature dropped some, but the pool was so clean... sad.
Now on an additional note, how often should the sand be replaced? Since we are doing the work on the top, I figure it may be good to also go ahead and replace the sand. The label on the filter says the filter requires 500 lbs of media. Does that seem right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.