Hayward AquNaut leans forward or falls on its side

V0x

Apr 14, 2021
Phoenix
Hello all. I just replaced the gear shaft on the front of my Hayward AquaNaut 400 as it seemed one wheel was not moving as much. Upon opening I saw the shaft was worn down which explained why it was not gripping/seating with the teeth on inside of the wheel. I also put new tires on front and back a couple of weeks ago if that matters.

Well.... As soon as I put it in the pool after replacing gear shaft now it constantly either tips forward or falls on its side and I constantly need to manually stand it back up half the time. Any thoughts before I go pay Leslie's to troubleshoot and fix it? Thanks for your thoughts.

Welcome to TFP :)

Did you only change that 1 tooth or did you do the whole kit? If you only did 1 it is now WAY bigger then the rest and is throwing it out of whack... I have the 2 wheel model and changed all the gears and worked perfect when I put it back together..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.