Hayward Aquarite SWG - Current vs TH Sense functionalilty

lukasito

Oct 21, 2020
Finland
Hey,
could you advice how is done functionally this connection, redline marked on the attachment?
How is current sense working with R7 resistance and how is R7 connected in circuit?
How is pin 6 of J5 socket connected to R9/R12 resistance and how is working with TH Sense? (meaning of TH Sense?)
Does has both of this same functionally for current validation vs sensing? Can PCB set current limitation or is not possible without IGBTs components...
Also wondering what is the power of transformer to handle chlorination cell T3, around < 500VA if there will be current less as 8 Amps.
Does anyone has axis chart how current amps relates to salinity ppm vs water temperature, curve Amps vs ppm vs Celsius?
Thanks for details.
Lukas from Finland

Attachments

• 800px-GLX-PCB-RITE_Pwr_Dist_Salt-Cell_r159.jpg
    800px-GLX-PCB-RITE_Pwr_Dist_Salt-Cell_r159.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 11
Here are main blocking issues which prevent to finalized my Loxone control system:
1. you need to know how to read pH and REDOX parameters, then those convert to salinity ppm. But even better to have conversion table to achieve proper water balance by saturation index Si, which relates to calcium and alkalinity in the water (pH, temperature, calcium hardness, and total alkalinity)
2. Salinity adjustment you can adapt in the PLC by learning curve over the time, when you know how much Amps current is required to balance water vs time.
3. You need current source power supply with voltage stabilization. Some linear stabilization can use as voltage or current source. Then you design current limitation for different switching steps. (on the market is hard to find such a power source to voltage level 30 - 33 VDC).

All others to make is kind of easy with PLC programming.
But above issues hinder me to finalized my home PLC pool control. Its painful to pay 1500 eur for market product with island controller, since you have already one house PLC for everything...
Probes pH+REDOX, transducer, MCB, pH pump, power supply and relays cost around 600 eurs.
Wish somebody could help more ;) In my pool i want to use Loxone system.

Attachments

• salt and pH regulation scheme.JPG
    salt and pH regulation scheme.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.