Hayward AQR-15 vs. Jacuzzi J-SS40

GatorJim

Silver Supporter
Apr 9, 2016
Charleston, SC
Need an opinion from the "experts" here at TPF. Been window shopping for a a salt system since this summer.

I want to oversize my cell so looking at the TPF fan favorite Hayward AQR-15 vs. the Jacuzzi J-SS40. Both are way oversized for my pool, which is what I want. I'd go with the Hayward AQR-15 but the Jacuzzi is $180 cheaper & comes with a 5 year warranty vs. Hayward's 1 year.

So if you were in my shoes, would $180 and extra 4 years on the warranty sway you away from the proven Hayward Swim Pure AQR-15?

Thanks in advance for your valued opinion.

I have been using the AQR-15 for well over ten years now. My first T-15 cell lasted over seven years. The only problem I have ever had with the system was a failure of a resistor that was a common issue on these units. A $2.50 part and 15 min with a soldering iron put it back in service.
(Note: the newer generation has been redesigned to completely eliminate this issue)

The short of it is that: if this unit went up in smoke today, I would buy a new AQR-15 tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.