Hayward 1.85 THP VS Tristar Pump display not coming on

LStrickland

Mar 17, 2021
Mansfield, TX
Hello all!

I have a Hayward 1.85 THB VS Tristar pump. I'm only using the display that mounts on the motor and no other controls.

The pump was not running so I go and flip up the little lid to see if something is wrong and there display is not showing anything. I used a volt meter to check power all the way to the circuit board that is on the motor.

I also tried to check to see if there was 12VDC where the connector for the display would be plugged in and there was nothing.

Is there a way to check to see if the display is dead or if that little control board has an issue?

It is a Century motor and I flat out can not find ANY information on it or the control board. Seems you have to buy the entire thing (motor and controls) which is basically the same price as an entire new pump.

Any ideas? Is there a way to by pass that control board completely just to get the pump running? I have a Jandy controller on the wall that is being used to just power on / power off the pump. I could then treat it simply as a single stage and get up and running.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.