Hawyard Super pump not working properly...

JamesR

Gold Supporter
May 18, 2015
Nazareth/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I turned the pump on today and it just hummed, no motor spinning. I shut the breaker and put a screwdriver through the side if it and it is free to spin. Hit the breaker again and it just buzzes/hums. I spun the motor slightly with the screwdriver again while I hit the breaker and it started to spin but I only have 5psi pressure vs the normal 13 psi. This sound like a bad motor?

Aaahhh good call. When I spun it with the screwdriver, I spun it backwards and it ran. Thats why the pressure was low. Bad run cap does fit this scenario. I spun it the right way and it ran and the pressure is good. I will pop the end off of the motor now to have a peak. Thanks!!

Most of the time, the SuperPump uses a start capacitor and not a run capacitor.

When you replace the capacitor, be sure to get the wires back in between the stands.

A wire left outside the stands can get snagged by the centrifugal switch weights when they swing out.

Man.... you don’t get more swollen than this do you!! Looks like it is about to pop the seam.

Attachments

• 5ECDA906-A872-45EE-ABF2-B38073AA4BE0.jpeg
    5ECDA906-A872-45EE-ABF2-B38073AA4BE0.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 8
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.