Having problems with Pentair 5g LED pool light

Frank_from_florida

Feb 10, 2019
Florida
My Pentair GLOBEBRITE LED light has been working properly for 5 years, recently it stated to act up: when I turn on the light it stays lit for a few seconds then turns off and stays off. When I turn it on again the same issue. Can anyone inform me what could be causing this issue?
Thanks, Frank

Last edited:
More than likely the driver board is dying and the Globrite will need to be replaced. Pentair has a poor track record on it's LED lighting products, especially the IntelliBrite LED lamps which often have entire color sectors go bad after a few years. Since these products typically have just a 12 month warranty, you're stuck with the replacement costs. Sad, but this is the problem with the entire LED lighting industry - the actual LED element will last 5 or more years but the driver electronics on them to convert regular 120VAC to 5-12VDC is so poorly made, that the bulbs experience early death. I see this all the time with my landscape lighting and my interior house lights that are LED - the bulbs have miserable lifetime performance due to bad/cheap electronics.