Have Professional install or DIY?

If you are physically able, have some reasonable resources for preparing the soil and leveling, you can do it. Many, many others before you have as well. Take your time and prepare. Use the forum search feature to find other above ground pool installs. A search for something like "base prep" might help a lot. The base must be level to within one inch and stable for best success. You can also use our other sub-forum for above ground pools and/or under construction to grab the attention of those who are experience in just that. Thanks for using the forum.

I've done 100% installs myself and I've also done installs where I paid someone to come in and just use a bobcat and transit. I think next pool I do I'll do by myself as it'll probably be an intex once I get landlords permission.

I have equipment & put up an above ground at my former home.. never will I subject myself to that torture again. I won’t even do an ag for family or friends.

If I find myself in need of an AG in the future I will hire a friend.

My wife and I did ours with two little girls (photos in sig). It was easy because we did the research ahead of time and knew what to do at each turn. We had our test kit and well water tested before the pool got here. Just plan ahead. It’s a lot like painting, it’s all in the prep work. The pool goes up fast.

I think the hardest part of any AGP is the site prep. Some soils are harder to deal with than others.....

Once the firm, flat and level base is complete, the actual setup is not too bad, just don’t try it alone. Get more help than you think you need.

Having to deal with leveling out ground on a regular basis i would say hire that part out.. It can get away from you really quick when using equipment where a professional that does it daily can have it done in a short time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.