Has anyone (successfully) made a deep end on an 18x33 oval?

Mdhkdh

Bronze Supporter
Jun 24, 2017
Winter Haven/Florida
My Matrix 18x33 oval came in today and I really want to make one end 6 feet deep (except for 2 feet around the perimeter for support). Has anyone done this or heard of it being done successfully or unsuccessfully? I was considering having a company install but they were noncommittal to doing the deep end until seeing the property(understandably) and they also said they would not recommend it unless the pool was a Doughboy. I don't want to make a dumb mistake ... but as I said first I'd really like to have the deeper end if the risk is not too high of the pool caving in.

Use the search bar. Its been successfully done.

Thanks. I've read many posts and threads here, just nothing specific to the Matrix ... plenty of Doughboy and deep round success stories but those are the obvious ones. Anyways, I plan to give it a go unless our water table doesn't permit us to dig that deep, and I'll keep everyone posted on the outcome so someone else will have the answer if needed!:rolleyes:

OHHHHHH!
Thank you so much for that information. The pool builder who is a radiant retailer when he came to my house didn't tell me that one.
6-8k for a LINER ? :mad: OK heck no to that. Is doughboy the only semi inground pool that can do a deep end or can other pools ?
Can pools that are manufactured by doughboy(like Lomart I believe) have a deep end ?

I have an oval and have straps running between the posts under the liner and sand. These pools must not have straps to be able to do this. I have 4 straight sections totaling 16' & 8" round on either end. That wouldn't leave much for a DEEP END.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We put in our pool about 10 years ago and we had no trouble with the liner going to 7 foot depth. But back then it might have been a special liner and we did NOT pay 1K for it. maybe $500. So they must be quoting you the extra charge for labor. :deal:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.