Hard Plumb Intex Pool with below ground piping?

dorgan

Apr 13, 2017
Rockledge, FL
My dog has a habit of getting her tie out line wrapped around the pump and either flipping it over or dragging it and the cement block its attached to around.

So my question is how would one go above putting hard plumbing underground? If I can move it about 6-7 feet over it can be up against the house. But want to make sure that if I do it, I do it right.

Sorry to sound short and I don't mean too, but just put the pump where you want it, map out the route to the pool and dig your trench. Come up to the pool fittings close to the pool wall and there you go. You're going to have to alter the plumbing some, but it won't have to be very deep. I feel like I'm missing something you're asking. :scratch:

I just hard plumbed my metal wall AGP. Here is the post. I didn't have to deal with the Intex fittings though.

Your best bet is to use the Search Box in the upper right. You will get some good posts to review and get some ideas. Its actually not that difficult. From what I've read the hardest part is to adapt from Intex fittings to hard pipe fittings. You will be able to see how other members made the connections

Also, if you ever wanted to do it, now would be a good time to upgrade to a Hayward type skimmer & return eye.

I've already upgraded the return eye to the one that came with the Krystal clear 2500gph pump.

Ok so when I burry the plumbing is there a suggested depth? And do I just burry it or do I need gravel/rocks and such as I don't want it to crack from someone walking over it

Ok so when I burry the plumbing is there a suggested depth? And do I just burry it or do I need gravel/rocks and such as I don't want it to crack from someone walking over it

The depth isn't too critical, but it will depend on what you do in the area between the pool and the pump. if there isn't a risk of things being driven into the ground like tent stakes or heavy equipment, then you don't need to go too deep. You can get away with 6" if you want. Someone walking on the ground won't hurt the pipe unless the ditch is severely uneven or has a bunch of sharp rocks. I just backfilled mine with the dirt that came out of the ditch. Leave enough room between the pipes so that the dirt can get between them to fill in the ditch. Just take out any big or sharp rocks you find while digging.

Also, make sure you use enough unions & valves so that you can do maintenance and blow out the lines. I was about to say "when you close" but in Florida, you probably never close.
At minimum, you want one valve on the suction side and one valve on the return side so that you can do maintenance on your pump & filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.