Gunite variations in color

dphanes

Aug 19, 2020
NC
A few questions on gunite

- there are different shades of gunite in our shell without watering. Some big sections of gunite look very light while other sections look dark gray. What can cause this asit can’t be due to me watering the gunite

- when I water the darker gray parts it makes a soft hissing sound. Any idea what that is?

- after watering the water runs to the deep section and is a green/yellow color. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Desert Dog

Apr 4, 2020
Alpine, Ca
The gunite is curing. The darker areas are probably in the shade and not curing as fast as the areas in full sun and thus turning light grey faster. The hissing I think is from the water evaporating off the surface. No idea why your water is green/yellow.

I'm sure someone will chime in.

dphanes

Aug 19, 2020
NC
A few questions on gunite

- there are different shades of gunite in our shell without watering. Some big sections of gunite look very light while other sections look dark gray. What can cause this asit can’t be due to me watering the gunite

- when I water the darker gray parts it makes a soft hissing sound. Any idea what that is?

- after watering the water runs to the deep section and is a green/yellow color. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the info. Hoping I hear from others as well on the green

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
It's the water color after the plaster is in that's important! But my point is, I wouldn't spend any effort thinking about your current water quality or color. That's a nice looking shell they shot there by the way.

Reactions: spd500