Gun Shy - Buying an Gunite SW Pool

Great input, thank you. Design stage is just about to start so we def won't stick w/ a 3' ring. Will go with a wider ring (probably stamped concrete) in some areas to accommodate lounge chairs, tables, etc. I'm okay tweaking here and there to get what we want. $100k is really where I want to stop.
Just food for thought. I don't have any decking around 80% of my pool (just grass). I have pavers at the stairs end so it doesn't become a mud pit. We love the look and feel. No issues with grass in the pool etc. Sod is a lot cheaper than concrete. As far as budgeting goes I tell friends to look at what you can easily add down the road vs. what you have to get "now or never." it's going to be great and worth the wait.

Just a note to be careful about planting anything tall on the lookers left side of the picture. That side is to the west and will cause a lot of late afternoon shade on the pool which you certainly don't want in Philly. I love having sun on our pool nearly all day until an hour before sunset. Shade from a pavilion helps keep the skin cancer risk down for the humans while allowing the H2O to bask fully in it.

Any consideration to selling the house and using that $100-$150k you are going to spend buying a house that already has a pool?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.