Grotto slide- Fiberglass, concrete, penny round??

jaybray888

May 2, 2020
Texas
Hello all! In the middle of a pool build. Dug, plumbed, and rebared...waiting on gunite. Trying to finalize the grotto/waterfall/slide. Original bid was for a Rico Rock setup with a fiberglass slide. PB gave options today for a more custom set up completely sculpted out of gunite and mortar, and also gave options to change to concrete or penny round tile slide.

Looking for anyone with experience with the concrete or tile slides. I assume concrete will have the most maintenance. Tile doesn’t sound comfortable, but I love the way it looks. Pool will have a SWG. Renderings attached.

Any guidance appreciated!

Attachments

• E85BB302-AD77-4D54-BABD-51FA1E3535B7.jpeg
    E85BB302-AD77-4D54-BABD-51FA1E3535B7.jpeg
    249.7 KB · Views: 79
  • DA7C1408-58C3-4B17-89D5-90FF816F7916.png
    DA7C1408-58C3-4B17-89D5-90FF816F7916.png
    246.4 KB · Views: 79
Sorry I dont have any answers but count me in to watch and root. The bridge is a NEAT touch. Good luck

Reactions: jaybray888
What range are they quoting for that as an add on? My crew is wanting a big enough grotto for jumping and would love a slide built into it as well but I am concerned about the number?

I'm sure there is a lot of variation, but for us adding the slide was approximately $20k all in (slide itself, structure, masonry for the surround, extra pump, and plumbing. You can see our render in my thread: New Build - Austin, Texas - IntelliCenter Questions

What range are they quoting for that as an add on? My crew is wanting a big enough grotto for jumping and would love a slide built into it as well but I am concerned about the number?

So the original contract already includes the grotto/waterfall/slide with a 10’ fiberglass slide and rock work to be all Rico Rock.

Today, he let me know there were options to save money (to help with all the other add ons we have already included), and/or make the rock structure larger by constructing out of gunite.

The short answer is...the fiberglass slide as quoted is already the most expensive. Concrete or tile slide would be less expensive, but I assume more maintenance. Possibly less comfortable?

Really hoping to get some chime ins from anybody with experience with concrete or tiled slides.

Interesting, Ask most anyone that has stamped concrete and they will tell you it is slick like ice when it gets wet, you always here do not run on the deck.... Tile can also be just as slick.. I would be worried about tile and freezing in the winter, I know you are in Texas but it happens sometimes...

Both would need upkeep just like a concrete deck or tile line in the pool...

Reactions: jaybray888
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.