Green pool

Htmanuel

Jun 19, 2022
Texas
I found this site by googling. I am at my whits end. We have a 16,500 gallon in ground pool-chlorine. It is green! We went on vacation and it rained the first day we were gone. 10 days later we returned to the green monster. Almost a month later we are still battling this nightmare.

I’m sure I’m going to forget a few things but here we go. We have used two bottles of algaecide, nothing. We have used a bottle of green to clean. Nothing. We did the slam method-nothing. All the while the numbers have been normal.

We drains the pool last Wednesday due to elevated CYA. Refilled and took a sample. Everything looks good number wise. Still green! We shocked w four bags of shock this an. Maybe lighter but still green. Filters are clean, pressure is good. Brushed the walls continually while draining. Cannot see any visible algae. So tired of throwing money in the green monster. It’s hot and we would like to utilize the pool in this Texas heat!!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Everything added above (algaecides, shock, etc) will do nothing to help. In fact, those might make things worse. When you get algae, you need to follow the SLAM Process using only liquid chlorine maintained at the proper elevated level as noted on the FC/CYA Levels. You must also have your own TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit which are capable of testing FC at such elevated levels. You continue the SLAM Process until all 3 criteria have passed. Also see our Pool Care Basics for more info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.