Green pool

Sure go ahead and run the Tiger Shark. This might be the time to start trying a little DE in your filter to help clear up the dead algae.

You are done, when your water is CRYSTAL clear.

Reactions: mumgoa
Good morning! Glad to hear things are getting better. Remember, the SLAM Process is not complete until you pass all 3 criteria: Crystal clear to the deep end, CCs at 0.5 or less, and passing the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. The pump should run continuously during the SLAM, but if you need to run the Shark for a couple hour, that's not a deal breaker. Just start regular filtration as soon as you can. Hang in there! Almost done.

Reactions: Newdude and mumgoa
Current reading -

FC - 17 PPM
CC - 0.5

CYA - 40
SLAM FC target = 16

I am holding steady and not adding any more shock based on table

Water is currently same as of this AM - a beautiful blue and cloudy but much better visibility of floor in deep end

My plan today:
Brush, do the OCLT test overnight and hope for the best

I am so ahead of where I was

Thanks again, friends. Stars all of you!

if I pass the 3 tests of a successful SLAM in the next day or so, can I shut off the 24/7 pump run and resume the nightly timer-based pump runs ?

Once the pool holds the FC well then you may add DE to the filter enough to gain not more then 1 psi rise of your known clean filter psi. It'll be faster at clearing the water but also much faster to raise filter pressure necessitating more frequently backwashing which means you have to be around to keep watching ir
Current reading -

FC - 17 PPM
CC - 0.5

CYA - 40
SLAM FC target = 16

Water is currently same as of this AM - a beautiful blue and cloudy but much better visibility of floor in deep end

My plan today:
Brush, do the OCLT test overnight and hope for the best

I am so ahead of where I was

Thanks again, friends. Stars all of you!

if I pass the 3 tests of a successful SLAM in the next day or so, can I shut off the 24/7 pump run and resume the nightly timer-based pump runs ?
Holding steady is a good thing but cloudy means stay the course keep the slam going unless the OCLT is for practice.

Good morning,

Had crystal clear water last evening

OCLT test passed

FC 18ppm - may have lost 1 PPM if that

CC = 0

Al 3 tests passed

CYA is 45

Thanks so much friends. Couldn't have done it without you all
I will let pump run for a couple of hours; get the Tiger shark in (pretty clean though)

is it safe to use a solar cover at the SLAM level of FC without messing it up?

Before and after
Great work there. Your water must have struggled as you clearly have organics, leaves/debris in the pool now eventhough you passed. Get them out asap since you need to minimize anything the chlorine will get consumed by and creating greater chlorine loss then necessary. Our job as an OP to remove anything visual so the chlorine can spend time sanitizing the water.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great work there. Your water must have struggled as you clearly have organics, leaves/debris in the pool now eventhough you passed. Get them out asap since you need to minimize anything the chlorine will get consumed by and creating greater chlorine loss then necessary. Our job as an OP to remove anything visual so the chlorine can spend time sanitizing the water.
Yeah. Will be getting the shark in soon. Giving the pump a couple hours

It could be the reflections, and you’ve done AWESOME so far, but that doesn’t look TFP clear yet. Stay the course.
Hey Newdude

it is as clear as it has ever been. I can see a small light stem of a plant that the shark did not pull in the deepest end

I plan to brush again and start the filter in the evening thru the night

i will do another test this afternoon on the CC and FC

Reactions: Newdude
I have to agree with dude, I too thought it still looks a bit hazy. This is tfp clear ( not my pool those fiberglass always look amazing) it's certainly miles better and you've done an amazing job!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210818-200223_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210818-200223_Chrome.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 19
Current reading -

FC - 17 PPM
CC - 0.5

CYA - 40
SLAM FC target = 16

Earlier you thought CYA was 40/45 which rounds up to 50; technically you’re under SLAM levels if your CYA is actually 50. This will prolong your SLAM and require more POP. I’d raise it back to 20, making sure to keep it there. It’s smart to even continue the SLAM an extra day or two after passing the three criteria.

TFP pools can be SUPER clear; there’s no doubt you’re still in need of SLAM.

Welcome neighbor (close enough)
I'm adding my 2 cents.
I agree with others - the water looks good but not crystal clear, TFP Sparkly. You can still swim in it during a SLAM.
When it gets crystal clear "sparkly" you will wonder why you ever thought it was clear before.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.