San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I am in the middle of a SLAM, maintaining appropriate FC, brushing daily. Water is still blue but cloudy, and FC usage is still kind of high. The last two days I have green dust on the bottom, which I am brushing up to mix in to get filtered. My question is, is this dead algae? Just making sure I still do not have live algae, because I have been slamming for almost 5 days now.

thanks,

Keep Slamming. You are making progress, but please don't fool yourself into stopping before its finished like so many people do and then complain that the algae is back, when it was never completely gone in the first place.

No matter what anyone may tell you, the Slam isn't finished until your water is perfectly clear, the pool clean and you pass the FC, CC and OCLT tests.

I am in the middle of a SLAM, maintaining appropriate FC, brushing daily. Water is still blue but cloudy, and FC usage is still kind of high. The last two days I have green dust on the bottom, which I am brushing up to mix in to get filtered. My question is, is this dead algae? Just making sure I still do not have live algae, because I have been slamming for almost 5 days now.

thanks,

thanks,

I'm fighting this same one ... my issue appears to be overly large quantities of POLLEN (PA Campground in the woods--even our roads are visibly pollen covered). Just keep vacuuming frequently ... at least (for my time and effort) it vacuums out easily (although it is a filter clogger of the highest magnitude) (I backwashed 4x in yesterday's 3h vac sesssion.

thanks everyone, I have no intention of stopping the SLAM until all three criteria are met, just wanted to make sure I have progress!

As far as pollen, we are pretty much over that here in South Central Texas. It was really bad in March and April. I used skimmer socks (hair nets) and was changing them daily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.