Going away on vacation.

raidencmc

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2011
Cochranville, PA
I am going away on vacant. Normally I would get the pool up to shock level figure out when I need to add chlorine based on my average consumption and pre measure chlorine so someone can just stop by dump a bottle in and go. This year they are away as well. But will be back before me. The math works out that if I bring my pool up to mustard shock level I they will be back in enough time to add the chlorine to the pool in enough time. But I swear I read somewhere on the site that getting the levels that high can be very dangerous and should only be used as a last resort. Am I safe if I only bring the level up that high once?

Raising the FC that high can cause damage to your liner (fading) if it stays that high. But, the higher you raise the FC above normal levels, the more ppm that is lost to the sun each day (unless you have a cover).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.