Gnats around the waterline

carterfamily82

Mar 18, 2019
cypress, tx
Hello - We live in Cypress, TX and our in-ground, gunite pool will be one year old in July 2019. Over the weekend we noticed that the black ring around the pool wasn't from our pine tree, but gnats. This ring of LIVE gnats continues around the entire pool. Has anyone experienced this? What is the best way to remove them?

Attachments

• IMG_4180.jpg
    IMG_4180.jpg
    545.8 KB · Views: 36
Welcome to TFP! :wave: ...... and welcome to the wonderful world of pool care while inviting all of our local guests.... in this case - gnats. We get them as well. Usually in bursts of about 2-3 times per year. They cling together and often end-up in my skimmer. Not much you can do but scoop, sift, and use a skimmer sock in the poolside skimmer. I put-up no trespassing signs, but they don't listen. :p

if you figure it out, you too could be a millionaire! gnats are bad in south georgia, but flying ants are what swarm to our pool in the summertime... I just have my daughter swim around and scoop them up in the skimmer net - make it a game (she hasn't figured that part out yet)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.