Glad I found this site!

tempest1966

Aug 22, 2021
NJ
I've recently been having problems with my intex Salt chlorine generator/pump combo, it runs a minute or so and shuts down and red service light comes on. Its roughly 6 years old, never an issue before this year. Checked the circuit board and found capacitor at c13 had corroded off, replaced that but no difference. I had it apart today and after reconnecting everything it started working and producing chlorine but when I checked it 30 minutes later it was off with service light on again. After trying it again I hear relays clicking but no bubbles from the plates. The pump will run in FP mode so there shouldn't be a motor issue. I checked the rectifier on the ohm setting of my meter and got a reading of 3.4M ohm only one way but I have no idea if Im testing it properly.
Any suggestions of how to properly check the rectifier? Or any other suggestions besides getting a new swg and pump?

Hey Tempest and Welcome !!! We need model #s and pics if possible.

Take a minute and fill out your signature in your profile page. It really helps for everyone everyone know you have a 21 ft round, 15k gallon Intex with a XXX pump / YYY swg combo and a 200 lb Hayward Sand filter. (Or whatevs it is :))

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.