Getting the cover off the bottom skimmer/ closing my above ground pool/need new winter

peacekeeper

Jul 27, 2019
Indiana pa
I am having a lot of trouble getting the cover off the bottom skimmer that goes into my filter, is there a tool you can use to take this off? Right now I am using a screw driver and wedging it in and using it to rotate the cover, and this works but puts a lot of strain on the housing. Also what do I need to do to winterize my pool. I usually take the filter apart and take the motor inside and leave the sand container near the pool because it is to heavy to move. I do not normally put any chemicals in before putting the winter cover on, should I be adding something because I always have a hard time getting it clear in the spring, also cover tore last year so I am in need of a new one and info on what kind to purchase would be great. Thanks in advance for any and all input.

I had trouble understanding your question so I didn't respond. I couldn't tell what you were asking in the first sentence. I'd recommend a picture to help us help you.

Here is a link to a guide on winterizing an in-ground pool. Closing an In Ground Pool - Trouble Free Pool

It would be helpful if you can please create a signature to assist folks with answering your questions. I'm not familiar with sand filters but I can't imagine folks normally remove the sand to winterize them. Perhaps others will reply on that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.