Jul 13, 2015
Gilroy/CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All,
I'm looking at installing my Circupool controller. I have a VS pump wired without an external timer. I am thinking of switching the controller with a load sensing relay. This one is the one I bought. I know the unit will not operate without flow, but I just want a little extra insurance. The relay will switch up to 2.5A @ 250V AC and the controller draws only 0.9A @ 240VAC. Now the question: Has anyone tried this setup? Am I missing something? Seems too easy. Thank you.

Here's a recent install thread.

Here's a recent install thread.
Thanks Rancho. I think I can switch the SWG with the CS relay alone. It has 2.5A 250VAC switching capacity and the SWG draws 0.9A @ 250VAC. Should be less complicated if it works.

Is the current sensing adjustable? If not and assuming that the pump is continuously powered the relay will always be closed and the SWG will always be on.

Is the current sensing adjustable? If not and assuming that the pump is continuously powered the relay will always be closed and the SWG will always be on.
Thank you for your reply. No, it's not adjustable. The specs are 1-50 Amps sensing. I'm assuming it won't trigger as my pump is drawing less that that when not running. The unit is powered by induction so it probably can't siphon enough current to switch the SSR. I'll find out soon enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.