Getting Ready to Close

Measure the height from the ground/base to the top of the heater. Use dimension "B" below to see what model you have.

1664238657039.png

Reactions: Casey
Here is the model number.

Attachments

• 20220930_164140.jpg
    20220930_164140.jpg
    373.2 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Newdude
I started to remove water from the pool. I'm going to drain to the bottom of the returns which is not that much. It will have about an inch of water on the tanning ledge. I'll let Mother Nature fill it back up. The sump pit was dry yesterday. We're getting the remnants of Ian right now so I'll be checking the hole later this evening. I've only had to pull water out of it a few times in the last year. Being on a hill helps with drainage. I shut the water flow off to the heater (bypass) and loosened the unions to let the water drain out of it. I don't know if I should blow some air through it or if it'll just drain on its own.

Part 23 is a Winterizing Drain Kit for models 2000, 2500 and 3000 (R0576000).

So, there must be somewhere to connect the drain kit.

Based on the length of the tube, I would look inside for a drain plug.

1664633415475.png

I can see a hole but would I have to take the front panel off (12) to get into it? I don't think I have a drain tube tube. Last year, I didn't even run water through the heater because we closed the pool right after it was installed.

I feel like I have successfully closed the pool. It took about an hour. I blew the skimmer line first. The air compressor wouldn't blow the full line out so I pulled my big shop vac out and while the line was pressurized from the pump side, I was suctioning the line from the skimmer side and poured 2 gallons into the cleared line and screwed in the gizmo. I went to the pump side with the vac and pulled the antifreeze through the line to distribute it. Finished the returns and slide and gave every line burst of air to push the antifreeze throughout the whole line. I still have to clean the filter yet. For the heater, I moved the unions off to the side and pushed a low burst of air through it to blow it out. I did not use any antifreeze in the heater. Not sure if I'm supposed to or not. I didn't. I pulled the plugs in the pump. They are in the pump basket n lid on. I have a few more things to take in snd I'm done.

Currently getting rid of ground water too. It rained all day yesterday.20221002_122113.jpg

Reactions: Newdude and JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nope. It will drain out just like the water did.

Sound like you got it all. (y)
I'm so glad it's over. Just one less thing I have to worry about. Now I can focus on hunting and a couple more things I need to get done before it snows.

Reactions: Newdude
We don't get sasquatches past the West Virginia line. :mrgreen: Pa says they don't exist this far up... just like mountain lions. :crazy:

Reactions: Newdude and JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.