Jan 16, 2021
West Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

Did a fresh fill on my 2002 Prodigy Spa, and treated with a total of 4 oz of dry acid to get my TA and Ph down to start out.
My new TFKit100 only shipped today, so I took a sample to Leslie's and here are my results:
Gallons: 325
FC: .1
TC: .64
pH: 8.1
TA: 78
CH: 156
CYA: 5
Phosphates: 126
TDS: 1240 (I don't know what that is :)

So, this sound right for my plan?
FIRST:
Use acid to lower the pH. I bought Certol AcidMagic at my local Ace hardware for my Muriatic Acid. On the label it says "Use 3oz. of ACID Magic per 1,000 gallons of water to reduce pH…" but doesn't say HOW many ppm that reduces it. LoL. The website has a spec sheet that says "ACID Magic cleans, clarifies, and etches like standard 20° Baume, 31.45% standard muriatic acid." Elsewhere, it says consult a pool professional for proper amounts. http://www.certol.com/pdf/htu/adjust pool-spa chemistry.pdf
So I guess I should use 31.45% - 20º on the PoolMath calculator.

SECOND:
Use baking powder to get TA up if it drops below 50 from the acid.

THIRD:
Start using dichlor to get the CYA up to 20+. Then switch to liquid Chlorine.

FOUR:
Soak.

Any comments/corrections/encouragements?

Reactions: Mdragger88
1. Yes use PoolMath for all additions- yes use that strength in the calculator, aim for 7.1 or so - no lower 👍🏻
2. you will likely not need the baking soda with the one addition of acid so long as u don’t go lower but it’s good to have on hand in case 👍🏻
3. Use poolmath effects of adding to see the effect the dichlor will have on ph & take that into consideration- i.e don’t add it when ph is low , aerate (ru the jets) to bring ph up a little first to compensate for this (it should rise fairly quickly)
4. Happy hot tubbing!

When u get your kit in u can then work on adjusting TA to 50 or 60 if u wish/ have rapid ph rise.
Here’s the details :

Reactions: jweaks
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.