GE GFCI trips under certain conditions.

Nice timing on this thread, and ironic that 1400 RPM seems to be the magic number for my breaker tripping randomness as well. Never had much problem with it for the 6 months since my pool was built until I had to do a SLAM a couple weeks ago and was running the pump 24/7, so I turned it down to 1200 or so. Not only did the breaker trip, it failed completely such that I could not reset it. Pool builder had it replaced for me (again, only 6 months since install), then after the SLAM I reset my schedule with the pump running longer throughout the day to keep the SWCG running more, so didn't increase the RPM too much. I think I set it at 1300 or 1350. It's tripped twice on random occasions since doing that over the past week. I guess I'll be turning it back to 1400 to see if it will stay up reliably until I can get the replacement (Siemens) breaker. I believe my original and replacement breakers are/were from Eaton.

That should be it with varying degrees of supply issues / gouging. A few weeks ago I pulled it up for my electrician while getting a quote for my build and it was $230 on Amazon that day. I imagine it’s more at HD / electrical supply shop.

Pre-pandemic it was $110 for the Siemens and $160 for the ‘Pentair’ one.
The breaker is only about $90 at Lowes and Home Depot if you can find it, when I looked last week Home Depot was allowing online orders but it's back to out of stock now. I have email alerts set up with both to notify me when it's available again.
Ok found the breaker and ordered it.
Where did you end up ordering and what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Nice timing on this thread, and ironic that 1400 RPM seems to be the magic number for my breaker tripping randomness as well. Never had much problem with it for the 6 months since my pool was built until I had to do a SLAM a couple weeks ago and was running the pump 24/7, so I turned it down to 1200 or so. Not only did the breaker trip, it failed completely such that I could not reset it. Pool builder had it replaced for me (again, only 6 months since install), then after the SLAM I reset my schedule with the pump running longer throughout the day to keep the SWCG running more, so didn't increase the RPM too much. I think I set it at 1300 or 1350. It's tripped twice on random occasions since doing that over the past week. I guess I'll be turning it back to 1400 to see if it will stay up reliably until I can get the replacement (Siemens) breaker. I believe my original and replacement breakers are/were from Eaton.

The breaker is only about $90 at Lowes and Home Depot if you can find it, when I looked last week Home Depot was allowing online orders but it's back to out of stock now. I have email alerts set up with both to notify me when it's available again.

Where did you end up ordering and what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah I haven’t been setting mine lower then 1500 as it was tripping for me at 1400. I haven’t had a chance to lower it and play with it yet since it got installed last evening. I got lucky and Home Depot had it in stock online for about $90.00 so I snatched it up. The next day they were out of stock again. The box was in stock at my local Lowe’s, which you might need if you have a different brand of breaker in there right now. Those aren’t hard to get luckily.

My new breaker has tripped at least 4 or 5 times in the 13 days since it was replaced. Typically it's in the middle of the day when the pump is running at the lowest speed (I bumped it up to 1450 after this thread), but today based on the intermatic timer wheel it appears it tripped either during the initial pump startup/prime or when it was running at 2200, as that schedule kicks off at 7 a.m. and runs for 2 hours. If the intermatic was exactly right this morning or close to it, it looks to have stopped moving around 7:10.

So frustrating. Still on the lookout for a Siemens breaker.

My new breaker has tripped at least 4 or 5 times in the 13 days since it was replaced. Typically it's in the middle of the day when the pump is running at the lowest speed (I bumped it up to 1450 after this thread), but today based on the intermatic timer wheel it appears it tripped either during the initial pump startup/prime or when it was running at 2200, as that schedule kicks off at 7 a.m. and runs for 2 hours. If the intermatic was exactly right this morning or close to it, it looks to have stopped moving around 7:10.

So frustrating. Still on the lookout for a Siemens breaker.
Mine hasn’t tripped at all since I swapped it, knock on wood. They are hard to find that’s for sure.

Reactions: Auburn02
Good to know. And thanks to a very kind fellow TFP'er, I was notified that homedepot.com is now showing they have breakers available to ship so mine is on order, should be here Monday! Guess the old "email me when this product is available" system is broken....

Reactions: laprjns
Good to know. And thanks to a very kind fellow TFP'er, I was notified that homedepot.com is now showing they have breakers available to ship so mine is on order, should be here Monday! Guess the old "email me when this product is available" system is broken....
Good deal! A TFP’er let me know as well :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.