Garden Web

Poolsean said:
You all are dopes for not putting a salt system on your pools! It'll do everything for you!
Add a little pE- PpE- R+ and it will even keep your alkalinity, calcium hardness and cyanuric acid under control!

Maybe this is why I got kicked off GW too, a few years back. :shock:
I remember now that you mentioned that some time ago. Huskeyrider also got kicked off there and is now known as Huskeyridor. I think your banishment (and Huskeyrider's) was because you were supposedly soliciting business, wasn't it? It's a very unevenly applied policy over there. I like the full disclosure policy here and at poolforum much better.

In all honesty ( :wink: ), I wasn't soliciting...really! I was answering specific AutoPilot questions.
I have to admit that Ben did have to spank me once.

I realize it's a little more liberal here, but I know you all will put me in my place if I get TOO out of line.

You all are the best! Discounts for Pool Pilots for everyone! 8)

Sorry, Sean. I wasn't implying that you were soliciting at all. I never saw a post by Kelly that was in the least solicitous either. That's what I meant about the policy being unevenly applied. Guys like you and kelly got the boot while others who actually do solicit go on their merry way.

I like GW. My pool knowledge (albeit limited) was scavanged from every sight I could find... including GW.

I agree that this forum has more of a collection of experts (at least in the area of water chemistry), but so be it. That doesn't make those folks that post there inferior to you few folks voicing this view.

It serves its purpose, and probably most of them just haven't found anything better. Decent pool forums are pretty hard to find. I slip in a reference to this forum over there every once and a while, and I haven't been banned, or even corrected.

And just completing a build myself, the plaster color decision is pretty weighty one... no matter what pump, or sanitizer, it still can't overcome the plaster color.

As much as I like this forum and up to now have thought very highly of each you posted above, I'll leave it at... I'm surprised.

Maybe just a beer thursday? I hope so.

stevenbrla said:
I like GW. My pool knowledge (albeit limited) was scavanged from every sight I could find... including GW.

I agree that this forum has more of a collection of experts (at least in the area of water chemistry), but so be it. That doesn't make those folks that post there inferior to you few folks voicing this view.

It serves its purpose, and probably most of them just haven't found anything better. Decent pool forums are pretty hard to find. I slip in a reference to this forum over there every once and a while, and I haven't been banned, or even corrected.

And just completing a build myself, the plaster color decision is pretty weighty one... no matter what pump, or sanitizer, it still can't overcome the plaster color.

As much as I like this forum and up to now have thought very highly of each you posted above, I'll leave it at... I'm surprised.

Maybe just a beer thursday? I hope so.

I didn't mean to alienate you Steve. I was just having a bad morning. Please accept my apology.

No alienation to me.

Both forums serve a purpose. If they didn't they'd be empty.

For the last few months, as I've waited for my pb's subs to show up, I've needed a few forums to satisfy my thirst. As this one grows (largely as others hear of it while reading other forums, such as GW) one may need less of others...

but for now, being considerate of others might be the high road.

then again, that might be the high road all the time.

sorry to be wet blanket tonight.

and thanks for the apology, but really, none needed.

Hey, all you GW readers and writers... Welcome !!!

Sean (not to be confused with poolsean) has a great site going here!! Come help us out!!

Apparently GardenWeb has changed their rules since their current instructions (policies) no longer restrict references to other pool web sites as far as I can tell. Back in December of 2006 when I was kicked off, I wrote to member services that I could no longer post and they sent me the following:

PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING LINE IN ANY RESPONSE:
GardenWeb mail response mc13331126658ec rosa

Directing members to other forums is not allowed.

GardenWeb Staff

Apparently, it was the post of mine in this thread that got me into trouble (search for "Pool Forum" in that thread).

I do think there are many very knowledgeable people at that site, particularly in the areas of construction, pumps, etc. I got some very useful information about Intelliflo pumps from that site, for example. Anyway, there's no hard feeling -- I just don't like the linear format so don't bother registering again.

Richard

While I hope that TFP is your default source for pool info, I certainly think there is room for more than one forum.

As far as mentioning products / sales pitches, I don't have a problem with "commercial" posts as long as their sole purpose is not to promote your product. If someone asks about a product you sell, then by all means, answer.

But also be forewarned, we don't play favorites. If you represent a product that memeber thinks is useless, we won't stop them from saying so. We only ask that they be polite in the review.

Well, we're off to Universal Studios - play nice. :cool:

SeanB said:
While I hope that TFP is your default source for pool info, I certainly think there is room for more than one forum.

As far as mentioning products / sales pitches, I don't have a problem with "commercial" posts as long as their sole purpose is not to promote your product. If someone asks about a product you sell, then by all means, answer.

But also be forewarned, we don't play favorites. If you represent a product that memeber thinks is useless, we won't stop them from saying so. We only ask that they be polite in the review.

Well, we're off to Universal Studios - play nice. :cool:

have fun Sean, wish I was there!! :cry:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I couldnt even post on GW yesterday.... seemed as though a "post" click sent me to the home page everytime. Regardless, I was getting tired of the site....
Never got in "trouble", just hated the navigation of the site and the all in one forum without any categories.
tyler

I can't beleive two of the highly respected contributers from this site got kicked out of GW. LOL! I might go over there and get my self kicked out to build a good reputation.

GW was the first forum I visited and they do have good info for pool construction and ideas supported by lots of pictures. One person reffered to that site as the rich people showing off their pools and the Pool forum as the pool maintenance expert site.

Thank God for Troublesfreepools and SeanB, I think this site is a little of the first and a lot of the other with a lot of in between. The only thing about this site is that it has grown so much I can't keep up on all the posts. Which I guess is a good thing. But all three forums do a good job keeping good people coming back.

My two cents.

tagprod said:
ktdave and wardstx are the rich dudes here. I'm just a piece of po white trash that figured out how to get my commodore 64 to access the internet. I'm so much cooler online....

That's the first time I've been accused of that! :lol: I've got some POWT in me too. The wife and I just figured out how to pull off the pool thing, cause in Houston if you want to have family time outside in the summer, there's almost no other way.

Tagprod, can I borrow your Commodore 64 PAC-MAN cartridge, I can't find mine anywhere?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.