Fungal infection

With the very big disclaimer that I am not a gynecologist, nor do I pretend to be one on TV, I’d say this is one of those falsehoods that sounds good because there’s a grain of truth to it. From some Googling it appears in the majority of women lactobacillus is the primary good bacteria, keeping pH low and fighting off bad bacteria and fungi.

But, umm, trying to keep this PG here… let’s just say that any hot tub user that’s done an Ahh-Some purge can tell you just how good biofilms are at protecting living organisms from chlorine, and leave it at that… :ROFLMAO:

Sorry if that sounded like a stupid question that i asked...
and very funny anwsers.i could not stop laughing reading them...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
unfortunately i always like to find the correct answers to doubts and myths from other people

Again sorry for asking this!!!

The first reference mentions chlorine, but the second reference does not mention chlorine and only having a wet bathing suit.

In my opinion, bacteria and other organisms that can grow in a lack of chlorine are far more dangerous than exposure to low levels of chlorine.

In any case, check with your doctors about health related matters.

If your builder gives this type of advice, they should have a reference where they got the information so that you can review the original source for yourself.
"Swimming in polluted water can increase the risk of experiencing skin irritation and getting a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)," points out Dr O'Neill. "Wearing a wet bathing suit for a long time after you are done with your swim can also increase the likelihood of irritation and infection, however these risks are not exclusive to when you are on your period."

She adds: "It is always recommended to have a shower and change into clean, dry clothes after you have been swimming to prevent the above from happening."

The most common complaints from swimming in contaminated water often include skin infections and stomach illnesses (if you swallow the water).

In some cases, the chlorine in swimming pools can irritate the vulva and vagina, which can leave you at risk of developing a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis (BV).

If this happens, don’t panic, just have a shower immediately after swimming in chlorinated pools, and don’t sit around in your wet swimwear.

"If you have any unusual itching, burning or discharge that persists after your swim, consider speaking with your doctor," reminds Dr O'Neill.

You don’t wanna hang around in a wet bathing suit, whether it’s a regular or period-friendly one, so you don't invite a BV infection (or bacterial vaginosis, an imbalance of the bacteria in your vagina that can cause uncomfy burning and itching) or yeast infection to the pool party.

"Remember that your vagina is full of bacteria and yeast that live in perfect harmony," says Dr. Ramsey.

"Yeast loves warm and moist environments [so does bacteria], and wearing a wet swimsuit for too long can cause yeast to overgrow and lead to a yeast infection."

Everything You Ever Needed to Know About Swimming on Your Period

Last edited:
Reactions: amin36
You have to distinguish the external anatomy from the internal anatomy.

The external anatomy will have exposure to the water, but the internal anatomy should not have as much exposure, but this is an individual specific thing as far as how much the internal anatomy is exposed.

You also have to account for individual differences.

For example, some people routinely get ear infections whereas other people do not.

It’s not always obvious why someone got an infection and other people did not.

Attribution can be difficult to almost impossible.

For anyone who gets infections, it’s best to consult with a qualified physician to diagnose, treat and prevent future infections or other issues.

Late to the laughing party, but i will keep my med school OB/GYN class knowledge for myself, (probably skipped that class anyways). The Eye is way too far from the reproductive parts to make a useful comment.

Reactions: amin36
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.