Frustrating slamming process!

So I'll continue in this thread (unless someone wants me to start a new one). Chlorine seems to have stabilized now with the addition of more CYA so that's a good thing.

But, that pH/TA. I put 32oz of muriatic in the other day. And my TA went UP! pH was at 8 (ish), but now it is at 7.8. My chlorine is at 10 - is that too high to test for TA? Should I drop an extra drop or two of R-0007 in for this test? As far as the pH test, I actually don't use the one that comes with the TF-100, I use the one that comes with the Taylor 2000 series and takes 40 something ml and uses R-0004.

The pH test is invalid over 10ppm of FC for both versions of the test. Let the FC drift just below 10, then test the pH if you need a pH reading.

Acid will drop TA. If it's raising, then it was added somehow. Could be you have high TA fill water and you filled after some evaporation. Or it could be some testing error. Make sure the bottle is held vertical, you aren't squeezing any more than what will make a drop form and let it fall. Also, wipe the tip between each drop for the first couple of tests with a damp paper towel to be sure no static electricity has built up in the tip of the dropper.

The pH test is invalid over 10ppm of FC for both versions of the test. Let the FC drift just below 10, then test the pH if you need a pH reading.

Acid will drop TA. If it's raising, then it was added somehow. Could be you have high TA fill water and you filled after some evaporation. Or it could be some testing error. Make sure the bottle is held vertical, you aren't squeezing any more than what will make a drop form and let it fall. Also, wipe the tip between each drop for the first couple of tests with a damp paper towel to be sure no static electricity has built up in the tip of the dropper.
No fill water at all. And yeah I did the rest. Getting a smart stir today so we'll see...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.