Frogs !!??

Jun 10, 2014
Heiskell, TN
We had a bad pool opening this year, had a hole in the pool cover, still working on getting the bottom clean, water isn’t too bad, but one problem we’re having is no matter how many frogs I evict, every night there are so many more. I have a bad feeling they are living down inside the posts of the pool!

Any suggestions on how to get rid of them for good? By the way, frogs completely freak me out!

Attachments

• 6508ADBB-FD09-4230-A3E1-CB884E3D994A.jpeg
    6508ADBB-FD09-4230-A3E1-CB884E3D994A.jpeg
    567.2 KB · Views: 17
I see your problem

Frog System, Hard Plumbed

You're making frogs with that Frog system! Seriously, though, JF has it right. It's mating season, and any pool of water is fair game. Although I'm surprised to see them in an AGP! You must have some Olympic prospects invading your pool!

We have frog and salamander problems, but it was worst the first year we moved into the house and the previous owners had not opened the pool for three years. The amphibians thought it was their new home and were using it. In one night we had about 20 egg masses floating in the pool! We scooped them out and put them in our pond. Every year we have fewer problems because we consistently have cleaned them out and now I think they have gotten the message. If it’s any consolation your water must be clean because frogs are quite picky where they lay their eggs.

Reactions: Taylorbay and BMK
Any suggestions on how to get rid of them for good? By the way, frogs completely freak me out!
For whatever reason, we had more frogs and toads this year than any year previous. I just scoop them up and take them over to my neighbor's little fish pond. Except for 1.....found one missing one arm. I just put him back out in the yard and every once in a while he makes an appearance, either in the pool or on the deck. The kids named him 'Lefty' and he's become something of a mascot for this season.

BTW...?on your avatar! ?

Reactions: jorowan
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.