Here are her numbers:

FC 2.5
CC 0
PH 7.5
TA 80
CH 250
CYA 90
temp ~70

the pool water is clear, but there appears to be pollen accumulated in the floor there are pollinating trees/ plants all around the pool.

She has a pool service. I tried to convert her but she has 5 kids and her husband is gone for work most of the year. I don’t think at this point she is willing to go full TFP!

I instructed her to run her pump and sweep 24/ 7 to get the pollen cleaned up also indicating a filter cleaning would be necessary. Also giving her some hair nets for the skimmer baskets to help out.

A bit bit more info:
cartrige filter
single speed pump+ booster for sweep.
~28,000 gallon plaster IG
1F0D1D5F-843A-444F-9CF7-6AB287CC23D8.jpgB4182CA6-9D90-420B-AE46-1CDCB72BE680.jpg
First photo is before I clicked on the sweep and pump showing accumulated pollen? Second photo is after sweep had run for a few minutes.

Anything else I can do for her? I will likely end up cleaning her cartridges as well.

I know a partial drain is imminent with her CYA, but so don’t want to push too hard!

Thanks gang!

mark

The chlorine in that pool is and has been woefully inadequate. Hence the onset of algae.....that's not pollen.

If your friend really wants help, she will drain half her pool (to reduce CYA to 40 or so), refill and SLAM.

I have no idea how she can avoid the above if she wants to swim in a clear pool.

From what I see that pool service has not been taking care of that pool at all! Does she still have the pool service coming out or have they been let go? If the pool service is still involved they are going to undue anything you get started. The pool needs at least a 50% drain/refill, then it needs to be slammed. The pool service will likely do something else. Maybe they will fix it, maybe not, but if you are trying to slam it and they come along and dump one of their "magic potions" in there it could create an even bigger mess and prolong the slam. If she is not willing to end the service and slam the pool there is nothing else you can do.

Do them a favor and send them a book. Ask them to read the first handful of chapters and answer any questions they may have.
Trouble Free Pool School

At the most it’ll set them back a buck (stupid Amazon requiring we charge something) and 10-15 minutes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.