French silver pool looks green

sokin7

May 26, 2020
Miami, FL
Hello,

I recently resurfaced my pool with French Silver from Florida-gem (similar to french gray from diamond bright). Its been 3 days and the water looks green. I understand it takes a few weeks for the color to balance with the chemical start up and all. Anyone has pictures of pool at initial fill and after a few weeks?IMG_2350 copy.jpg

I am during the chemical start up, so the pool company is taking care of it for the next month. They come 3x/week to brush the plaster dust and add the chemicals, balance ph etc. Once this process is over i will have a person coming 1x/week

sokin, that is a gorgeous pool. My only advice would be to look into the methods here for maintaining the pool yourself. Pool maintenance is a daily thing, the problem with most pool services is that they can only be there once or twice a week. Witch means they are going to employee methods and tools that are hands off, but cause problems down the road.

TFP methods are better and require less corrective maintenance because you are doing routine preventive maintenance. It is kind of like changing the fluids in your car routinely to avoid engine and transmission overhauls later on.

Anyway, it's a beautiful pool! Enjoy it!

Reactions: mgtfp
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.