Forgot tarp. What to do

Apr 11, 2015
Winnipeg, Canada
Well, I’m an idiot and was in abit of a rush while setting up my 12x24 intex tonight. I looked at it now that it’s up and half full and realized I forgot to put down a tarp on top of my sand base. What is everyone’s thoughts do I drain and put a tarp down, or I should be fine?

I never have much of any grass or weeds coming through the sand at the end of the year as I spray roundup first thing in spring and again about a week before I put the pool up.

Any input is appreciated.

You'll be fine without the tarp. A lot of people do not use them and only do a sand base. Enjoy your pool and don't worry about it.

Well, I’m an idiot and was in abit of a rush while setting up my 12x24 intex tonight. I looked at it now that it’s up and half full and realized I forgot to put down a tarp on top of my sand base. What is everyone’s thoughts do I drain and put a tarp down, or I should be fine?

I never have much of any grass or weeds coming through the sand at the end of the year as I spray roundup first thing in spring and again about a week before I put the pool up.

Any input is appreciated.
I'd like to see how your side walls fair compared to others setting up the same pool at the moment. If you have a chance keep us posted as you fill up!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.