Forget what it does...please help intex pool part and cartridge leads.

nksprts

Silver Supporter
Aug 10, 2016
NE Pennsylvania
Was cleaning pool today and seen this piece attached. I feel I had to ask about this before but can't find it past posts. And tried searching but not sure what to search on. I think it has something to do with ariation or something? Can someone just explain what it is and if I should do something with it? Does it open or close or just as is etc. Or even just a name so I can search and read about it please.

Side note having trouble finding filter cartridges (a/c) that aren't on back order till end of August or $30 for 2 of them, if anyone has any leads on that I would appreciate it as well. Think everyone in US bought a pool during quarenteen.

Thank you!

I don’t have that type of outlet on my Intex, but I’m pretty certain that’s the Venturi valve which allows air to be pulled into the water stream creating the aeration. It may be able to be screwed closed to cut off air stopping the bubbles.

You can look at the reusable Unicel cartridges for your filter. Just need to measure your existing ones to be sure they’re the same size. Unicel filters can be washed many times and hold up way longer than the Intex replacements.

Reactions: nksprts
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.