Foam board dimension help.

Good morning, we are finally going to install our 16' x 32' x52" Intex pool. We had a much larger 6" cement pad laid that will some day become my shop. We want to put a EXP foam board under the pool. How large do I make the foam board pad? It comes in 4 x 8 sheets. I have never set up a pool with a frame. Do I need to make the pad a little larger than the pool dimensions? It seems like it would be very hard to set it up if the pad and the pool were both the exact same size. Thank you for your help.

We made our pad the same size as the ground cover tarp. For the 18' round pool we ended up buying 11 sheets of the 3/4" 25 psi foam board and 4 rolls of 2" x 35yd gorilla tape. (You'll need more to go around with 3 strips of tape on each seam. We only went around twice with the tape - it was nigh near impossible to do it at all as the board size grew! haha) We left our pad square this season for what we needed, but it would be easy to cut it down to size I'd think. HTH!

Thank you for your responses. I think I will make it about a foot wider than the actual pool dimensions, then cut it down to exact size once the pool is assembled.
We made our pad the same size as the ground cover tarp. For the 18' round pool we ended up buying 11 sheets of the 3/4" 25 psi foam board and 4 rolls of 2" x 35yd gorilla tape. (You'll need more to go around with 3 strips of tape on each seam. We only went around twice with the tape - it was nigh near impossible to do it at all as the board size grew! haha) We left our pad square this season for what we needed, but it would be easy to cut it down to size I'd think. HTH!
Where are you getting your foam from? What was the cost? I was looking at the 1" Owings from Home depot but the Ownings rep said its not recommended because it only has 15 psi. He recommends the 2" because it has 25 psi. That is $30 a sheet. I need about 26 sheets to make it a little bigger than my 16' x 32' pool which is a little costly. At that price I'm thinking about spending even a little more and buying the exercise mats or stall mats. At least they will have some resale value when I am done with them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.