Foam board choice-newby

Mvmcgee

Jul 2, 2022
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Hi- just purchased first AGP — so excited, but realize now it is an adventure. So, it is a Bestway 21’ x 48”- and we are prepping ground and investigating here best base on soil- and foam board seemed straight forward, but now I read no wrap… can I get feedback info if this is good or not - what harm it will be to go ahead and use it .. just need to understand it all better.. picture attached… thank you!!!

Attachments

• 95C00FDB-A72C-4F24-B204-3A5C73957370.jpeg
    95C00FDB-A72C-4F24-B204-3A5C73957370.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 20
hi Floorguy- thanks for answering! It is described as “
  • 1 side has a reflective foil face typically installed toward the warm air surface to reflect energy back toward the dwelling and the other side has a white non-reflective foil face typically installed toward the interior
I can’t tell if it will disintegrate— but it is water resistive — what is the pink or blue boards.. ? I thought these boards were kind of similar but this one has foil.. ?

We had to go with the pink stuff when we realized that there was no way to get enough sand into our backyard without taking down a big chunk of fence. This was ten years ago, and for the seven years that we had that pool, we had zero problems. We moved across the country and we're just now getting it together to put in another AGP and I remember that taping the seams was a bit of a nightmare (somewhere there are pics of me sprawled inside the frame with my head in my hands), but once again, we have a yard that won't lend itself well to moving all that sand, so we'll use the pink stuff again. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.