Flying, Stinging Pests

DeRooZoo

May 26, 2020
Beaver Dam, WI
I've been reading some of the older posts (some from a few years ago) on wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets. I will definitely be trying out some of the traps and solutions I found there. YouTube is full of suggestions as well.

I do have a question... we have an AG metal frame pool and I've seen flying pests go into the sleeve of the vinyl, where the legs meet up with the side rails of the pool. Is it safe to spray commercial wasp, hornet, yellow jacket repellent in there? A few reasons I ask...
1. Will it mess with the vinyl? I.e., will the chemicals melt, deteriorate, or otherwise compromise the vinyl?
2. I'm not so sure about spraying poison and repellants that close to my pool water...

Thoughts?

Should be fine on the materials but try to keep the over-spray out of the pool water ...

watch out for the latest apocalyptic nightmare - MURDER HORNETS!!

De, look on the spray can for a toll free #, then call them and tell them what is it you want to do. The other option is to call the pool comp manufacturer that made your AG pool components and see what they have to say Make sure you have the MSDS [Material Safety Data Sheet, aka SDS] so you have the sprays active ingredients and their %'s.

As Matt stated, try to avoid over spray or put up a block/shield of some type and spray when the winds are to your favor. A little over-spray in the pool isn't that detrimental unless someone is allergic to the active ingredients. Just keep it running thru your filtering system...good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.