Florida Build started 11/24/2020 - lots of pics

We failed the pre-sod inspection, no surprise with that large pile of dirt, but no solution on getting things fixed yet. It's been over two weeks and I'm being asked to be patient. It's running out. We had a call today so let's see where that goes. I'm hoping to get this fixed up in the next few days. I'm not holding my breath though.

On a positive side, we passed the safety barrier/electrical/deck inspection. Now I just need to pass the pre-sod and final inspections and we are done. With any luck it'll be within in the next two weeks. The sod place only takes orders on Thursdays so if we can fix the yard this week I can order sod next Thursday and have my final inspection on Monday the 10th.

Reactions: Newdude
I forgot to post pics of the child fence. That went in quickly and works great. Our little escape artists can't move the safety fence which is great. Makes us feel lots better about things. Plus we went crazy with adding child lock stuff on the doors going to the patio.

I also added a couple more pics of the pool because we love that color!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2fe9.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2fe3.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3000.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3001.jpg

Those fences always look so flimsy, yet they're really good huh? I can't understand why you didn't pass your inspection? What's a little dirt here and there?? I've never heard of that element being in an inspection actually?\

So many questions...so little time awareness. :unsure:

Maddie 🌻

I've never heard of that element being in an inspection actually?\
Maddie, my builder never heard of the pre-sod inspection before either. I live in Rockledge and according to the inspector he said they are the only ones in Brevard county that does the pre-sod inspection.

Those fences always look so flimsy, yet they're really good huh?
Yes, they definitely seem flimsy but they are pretty stout. The company that installed it said not to hang any wet clothes/towels on it because it'll stretch the material. But the kids have no idea how to get around it and they can't open because they aren't tall enough/strong enough which is what we wanted. They are pretty good at not going out there but it's not worth the risk. That extra layer of security is worth it to us. Also, because we have the fence we are not required to have an alarm at the windows/doors nor in the pool.

@OrlandoBull Yes! That is exactly what my wife and I thought as well. This forces them to do something about it. I talked to the builder today and we are on the schedule of the grader folks. No timeline yet but "on the schedule" now.

I bought the case to put all my stuff in (had the old plastic box). Looks so nifty!

You’ve got this!

First couple test results are in.
The first day I tested it here are the results from 5/6/2021
FC - 0.0
pH - 8.2
TA - 80
CH - 200
I didn't measure CYA.
I didn't measure salt because there was none in the pool at this time.

5/20/2021
FC - 0.5
pH - 7.8
TA - 120
CH - 200
CYA - 30 (could still see the black dot)
Salt - Didn't measure

5/21/2021
TFTest Kit / Leslie Pools
FC - 0.5 / 0.5
pH - 7.5 / 7.6
TA - 70 / 34
CH - 200 / 156
CYA - 30 / 23
Salt - 2600 / 2381

Clearly I have some more testing practice to do. I bought the items that PoolMath app recommended and will be putting some in today. Calcium will be tomorrow, not today. I'll post numbers again once I get everything in the pool.

Reactions: Erik13
We finally had sod installed, well most of it. We also ordered rocks and trees. The front yard was most important to keep the HOA at bay and if it ever stops raining here he will deliver and install the last 3/4 pallet for the back yard.

The trees and rocks are about 2 weeks out so it's exciting to be this close to finishing. UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_30a3.jpgUNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_30a5.jpg

I like seeing a house in FL with brown windows. Those common white ones would look horrible on your home. The post for the front door roof could get covered in the same rock found elsewhere on the house and look nice, customized.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We finally had sod installed, well most of it. We also ordered rocks and trees. The front yard was most important to keep the HOA at bay and if it ever stops raining here he will deliver and install the last 3/4 pallet for the back yard.
Go Bolts!

I, too, need sod for my front/side yard to please the HOA - but I have to redo all my irrigation lines as all of my zones water/wiring went through the pool and I still probably have a couple weeks before I'm done. As a result, I've kept my pool company and permit signs in the front yard... lol everyone just thinks this is a really long pool build (and it WAS, to be clear).

I like seeing a house in FL with brown windows. Those common white ones would look horrible on your home. The post for the front door roof could get covered in the same rock found elsewhere on the house and look nice, customized.
+1 - we have white windows and our neighbors with builder pools all have white screen enclosures. Both are a terrible idea. Impossible to keep clean. Looks fine with our blue/cream color scheme but the cream and white both take work several times a year.

Reactions: TampaKathy
The post for the front door roof could get covered in the same rock found elsewhere on the house and look nice, customized.
That is a good idea, but I doubt the HOA would approve it since they are working to keep all houses with a very similar aesthetic. I really like that idea though. I think all houses in this neighborhood have the dark window frames.

Go Bolts!
I think they have a great chance to win tonight. If they come out fast and don't play timid then they got this series.

That is a smart idea! We got luck with sod and irrigation. Our neighborhood has just finished being built out so I was able to talk to the guys who installed the irrigation system and asked them if they work on the side. They did and I was able to get mine cut and capped and then redone for $600. Also, he order and laid sod at a great price. I know others in my neighborhood are having problems getting hands on sod but I think because I went through the builder, they let their people order sod through them, that we didn't have any issues.

Do you ever find pond critters checking out your pool?
I found a ring-necked snake in there and a ton of frogs but that is about it. We bought a frog log and I haven't had to rescue or remove any more frogs in the last few months. There was a 5.5' alligator in the pond but a neighbor reported it and they removed it. :(

• Wow
Reactions: kellyfair
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.