Rancho Mission Viejo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have an automatic pool cover; I expect to leave the robot in the pool generally and schedule it to keep the floor clean -- I don't want it to climb the wall and risk damaging the automatic cover.

I could get something like the dolphin s300i and just put it in floor only mode (which would still allow me to select wall mode if/when I wanted) but it's $1,000+ and I think my primary use/concern for the robot will be the floor. Is there a cheaper model that can be set to only clean the floor that is effective? I feel like I'd be paying a lot more for features that I won't likely use much if at all which seems silly.

I borrowed a s300i, so I know it works well enough for my needs but the bluetooth driving wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be -- more frustrating than anything trying to use that to get where the normal cycle missed. If driving it was more effective, that's a feature I'd be willing to plop down a little more $ for because it would be nice to manually grab any place the automatic cycle may have missed and I also have a ton of bench that I could just drive if it worked well enough. (FWIW, my issue was the way it turns isn't very precise so trying to get specific spots on the floor was challenging and then the benches similarly, it was challenging to get it centered; it typically fell off because it doesn't able to slightly turn).

I'm open to being convinced to just go with the s300i if folks feel like waterline cleaning is really effective or something. It was able to get up there above my ledge, which was great to see...but it didn't seem like it was really doing a ton of real/noticeable work so it seems a novelty. Am I wrong?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.