Northwest Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Here is where I am at currently.
F2A09178-B3AC-4ED6-914B-CC8EF2B413DD.png
I have the Frog system and am really disliking it. Should I remove the packs or set the dial to 0 (or both) to bypass it for now?

Any other thoughts on my current chemistry?

For reference, I am using the Taylor K-2006C testing kit.

I have the Frog system and am really disliking it. Should I remove the packs
Yes! :goodjob: Definitely remove them if you can. You don't need the copper in the water. Hopefully by removing them this quickly they didn't add too much. Switch to liquid chlorine or regular bleach to increase and maintain the proper FC level based on your current CYA. Always go back to the FC/CYA Levels to make sure. At this point, most important is keeping the FC higher and letting the pH rise a bit. Feel free to let the pH float up to anywhere between 7.5-7.8. You'll be in a good place there.

Yes! :goodjob: Definitely remove them if you can. You don't need the copper in the water. Hopefully by removing them this quickly they didn't add too much. Switch to liquid chlorine or regular bleach to increase and maintain the proper FC level based on your current CYA. Always go back to the FC/CYA Levels to make sure. At this point, most important is keeping the FC higher and letting the pH rise a bit. Feel free to let the pH float up to anywhere between 7.5-7.8. You'll be in a good place there.
I appreciate the advice. I am cleaning the cartridge filter this weekend so I will use that opportunity to remove the mineral and chlorine packs from the Frog and just let plain water run through it. I added 2 pounds of Borax this morning to help raise the pH a bit.

So...I did a thing:

28033F2E-971E-4183-B5D9-F7386A790704.jpeg

We’re supposed to get some serious storms tomorrow so I didn’t want to mess around with pulling it out. Next weekend, I plan to fully detach the system and sell it to someone who would prefer not to manage their chemistry manually.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.