First water test before slam

BTW, most people put the sock into the skimmer basket....put a rubber band on the open end...Just make sure the sock does not get into the pipes....fast-flowing water coming into the skimmer basket and through the sock will dissolve the CYA faster than what it sounds like you are doing...hanging it over the edge of the pool into the waterline. I still swear by my 5-gallon bucket CYA adder method, posted earlier in this thread. Add mostly dissolved milky CYA slog at dusk, sweep the small amount that falls on the pool floor into the drain, let the filter run an hour, ....and the TF-100 test kit measures it at the proper level calculated by Pool Math at daybreak.

I have mine hanging in front of the return jet, my son has been squeezing it and says its getting smaller and smaller.

Quick question I just noticed that the bottles say:
Sodium Hypochlorite 7.5% but at the bottom it says Yields 7.1% avail Chlorine

Which number do I use in pool math please? Also, a few of my bottles of Clorox Splashless don't have any % number on them, how should I deal with those?

Quick question I just noticed that the bottles say:
Sodium Hypochlorite 7.5% but at the bottom it says Yields 7.1% avail Chlorine

Which number do I use in pool math please? Also, a few of my bottles of Clorox Splashless don't have any % number on them, how should I deal with those?

7.5%

Reactions: Bille

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Good morning! I ended up exchanging the no-splash for regular, which was no easy thing during covid.

My readings so far:

Day1
7pm - 8 FC -- I added 81oz
9pm - 10 FC -- I added 39oz
11pm - 10 FC -- I added 39oz

Day2
9am - 5.5 FC -- I added 128oz

Also, I checked the CYA this morning and its at 25, last night it was 20. I assume the other 5 is stuck in the filter and will desolve? I put ~ 3 pounds of stabilizer in yesterday.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.