First TF-100 test results, need advice!

eguang

Mar 17, 2014
Chandler, AZ
Hi!, I received the TF-100 kit 2 days ago and performed my first test. Water in the pool is still crystal clear. I have a 14000 gallon pool with Pentair Intellichlor. The chlorinator was turned on 6 days ago. I was using chlorine tablets for 30 days. I have infloor cleaners and pebble radiance. I am located in Phoenix, AZ so it gets hot. Pump runs 11 hours at night and chlorinator is set to 60%

Here are my results

-PH 8.2 (i knew that but I accidentally bought a really weak bottle of mutiatic acid, just bought a good one today)

-CYA less than 20, I think the test tube only gets to 20 and I could still see something of the black dot

-TA is 110 or higher. Do I stop counting the drops when sample stops being green and becomes like a diluted red or do I wait until the red is very solid. In this case the red became really strong at 14 drops.

- CH is 450

-FC is 4
-CC is 1

Please let me know any red flags and remediations. Pool builder only told me to keep an eye on the PH and have a pool store check my salt level for now. Salt level was 3000ppm 3 days after turn-on of the chlorinator, the pool store told me it was low for Pentair, but I should check it again after 7 days to make sure it dissolved fine.

Thanks!

Question: Is your CC 1? If so, you might want to do a mini slam until your CC is .05 or less.
If I were you, I would do an OCLT (overnight chlorine loss test) to back up the CC level. Measure your FC right when the sun goes down, and then the next morning before the sun gets on the pool. If your FC loss is 1 or less. You're good. If your loss is more than one, you need to do a SLAM.
(algae is not alway visible in the water when its just about to bloom)

Your CYA target should be in the 70sih range if using a SWG.

On your TA, you want it to be COLOR change, not a shade of color. Green and diluted green are the same color.
Should only take a drop or 2 from diluted green to red. Then thats your TA.

Your TA should drop a bit when you bring your PH down.

hope this helps,

Thanks for the reply. My CC could be .5. I am still getting the hang of testing. When I added the drops to test CC, at first I did not think it changed at all (meaning no CC according to the instructions). After a little while it did seem to be pinkish. Then I added 1 drop and it seemed to be getting clear, I added a second one and I was sure that it went back to clear. So I could easily be in .5 if the first drop did the trick and my eyes were just not trained yet.

I will do the FC loss today and another full test when I get the PH down. Thanks again.

Ok that explains it. Your CC is most likely zero if it didnt turn pink right away. You need to do the CC test fairly quick after teh FC. Even if you have -0 CC, the solution will turn pink if you let it sit for maybe 30 seconds or more. Sounds like your in good shape with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.