First test on a new pool

FC: min 4, recommended 6
Sort of.

I agree with reggie and personally would suggest you run 7-9 rather than 6.

It's more like "minimum below which you should never ever ever go" (4) and "here's a recommended number, which you don't really want to go below". Since you don't want to go below 6, it makes sense that you would maintain FC 1-2 higher than that to be able to absorb a 1-2 FC hit from extra swimmer load, or an extra sunny day etc.

As I mentioned before, your FC is safe up to 32, so you don't really achieve anything by running so low in the range.

Sort of.

I agree with reggie and personally would suggest you run 7-9 rather than 6.

It's more like "minimum below which you should never ever ever go" (4) and "here's a recommended number, which you don't really want to go below". Since you don't want to go below 6, it makes sense that you would maintain FC 1-2 higher than that to be able to absorb a 1-2 FC hit from extra swimmer load, or an extra sunny day etc.

As I mentioned before, your FC is safe up to 32, so you don't really achieve anything by running so low in the range.
Ok awesome thanks guys!! Does running higher chlorine have any downsides? Ps I’m not sure that this matters but I have a pure white vinyl liner.

my pool gets 10-12 hrs of sun per day and I have been checking in the evening after work.. so I would imagine I’m a little higher in the morning and being burned off to 6.5 by the evening.
This is totally me guessing though lol I’ll check tomorrow morning.
I’m running pump 24/7 at the moment and maintaining heat 80-90 approx depending on how much swimming is planned.

Ok phew!! I think I’m going to aim for 7 anyhow, if there are no drawbacks with keeping a little buffer?
Small drawback is potentially shorter life on the cell; but the peace of mind and convenience is likely worth it! My FC target is 5, I try to stay at 8-9 to allow for room for error.

Reactions: DieselBeast
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.