First post, bought home with pool 2 months ago and have ?s

Re: First post, bought home with pool 2 months ago and have

I set my tubes on paper towels on top of the kit box and let them air dry.

Sent via Tapatalk...

Ok, I did it. Shocked the pool, passed all 3 criteria, brushed the pool several times, and the darn line is still there. Now what? I'd like to post a picture if someone could please tell me how.
My current test results after a hot and sunny day of swimming in the newly-shocked pool:
FC- 9.5
CC- .5
TA- 80
CYA- 40 (why did this go down? We had some rain but not a ton...)
pH- 7.35 (right in between the 7.2 and 7.5 blocks)

Thanks!

Still hoping for some guidance here...
Long story short, so you don't have to read all that came before:
We bought a home with a pool a few months ago. The cover had fallen into the pool over winter (EW!) and after a professional opening, the water looked and tested fine but there was a long stain that we couldn't seem to remove. No amount of scrubbing or magic erasering would lighten it further. I found this site and on the advice of some of you, bought the TF100 and got to testing/shocking. Shocking was easy, only took 2 days to get my overnight loss test to show 0 (might've been 1 but when I got out there the first morning at 6:30am it was already a little sunny! Had to do 5:30 the next morning, ick) and the line unfortunately is still there. I don't know how to post a pic on here but will do so asap if someone will tell me how quick. PLEASE HELP!!! It's not a dark stain but it's long (the length of the lsiding board, as though someone just decided not to scrub there which of course we did not) and just not attractive. I should say that the liner seems to be old (faded in areas) but still intact all around. I would really appreciate any insight..

Best way I've found to post pics on any forum is to upload your pics to a web hosing site like photobucket, picasa, imageshack, and link the pic in the forum post.

Two simple tests can help.

First if you can hold a trichlor puck against the stain for a couple of minutes and see if it gets lighter then that will tell you that the stain is organic and shock levels of chlorine will eventually lighten and perhaps remove it.

Second, if you find a way to put crushed ascorbic acid (vitamin c) in a sock against the stain for a few hours (maybe more) and the stain lightens, you have a metal stain and you need to do an ascorbic acid treatment and use sequesterants or drain the water after lifting the stain if you have a metal free source of water to refill with.

Sent via Tapatalk...

IMG_9778.JPG

Thanks Charlie!!
Ok will try those two tests this week. Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.