First pool under construction. Please provide some help! Marietta GA

Light is going in the center pointed away from house

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to add a second light to the spa.

LEDs don't give off enough light IMHO. I have 2 in my main pool 15k gallon and one in the spa. Worth the extra expense. Otherwise, I would go with a single standard light and orient it from the deep end to the shallow end. Clink on the link in my sig and look at the 5th or 6th pics. You can see that on either side of the lights, it's somewhat dark (along the stairs closest to the house). With one light, that dark space would have included the entire shallow end.

LEDs don't give off enough light IMHO. I have 2 in my main pool 15k gallon and one in the spa. Worth the extra expense. Otherwise, I would go with a single standard light and orient it from the deep end to the shallow end. Clink on the link in my sig and look at the 5th or 6th pics. You can see that on either side of the lights, it's somewhat dark (along the stairs closest to the house). With one light, that dark space would have included the entire shallow end.

Wow that's very nice. I will have to read your tread when I have time today. If my budget only allows for 1 more light, would you do a second pool light or a spa light?

Spa light. I think a dark spa against a lit pool wouldn't look as good. You can look into a portable or a drop in light for the spa and go with 2 pool lights.

My rec would be to have them run the conduits and install the housings and add lights when financially feasible. Should add about $6-800 bucks to your project up front.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Almost done with coping, not sure that I like it. My wife picked it out I wanted to go with flagstone as we have it all around the yard already. I feel like the travertine looks to modern.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 372
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 371
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 367
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 370
How funny - I can't wait to see how all your material choices turn out. I wanted travertine and glass tile, my husband wanted flagstone and stone......he was right, it does go with the house better :) But I can't wait to root on your wife's choices! -Karen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.