First opening today - please check my numbers

1635blueaspen

Jul 8, 2022
Arkansas
Brand new fiberglass pool installed late last summer. We didn't cover until November due to waiting on the cover. The pump was ran until we covered and winterized so the water looked great when covered.

Uncovered it today to clean and clear water. I ran my test kit and here are my numbers. What do you think?

FC 5.0
CC 0.0
pH 7.5
TA 60
CH 150
CYA 30
Salt 2600

Pool math is telling me I need 80lbs of salt which I'll get added tomorrow. I also have some CYA in order to bump that up. What else should I do?

Do an
Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to be on the safe side before bumping cya up.
Then creep up on your cya & salt targets so you don’t accidentally overshoot especially since this is a new to you pool & you may not have the volume quite dialed in yet.
The cya test can be skewed by cold water so definitely confirm that reading with a room temperature sample. You’re north of me & my water is only 59 degrees so I am assuming yours is similar or colder.
I assume you allowed the water to circulate for a while before testing?
As you increase cya be sure to chlorinate accordingly
FC/CYA Levels 👍🏻
It’s refreshing to play with the pool & see people opening theirs after the tragic weather events we’ve had the past few days. I hope things are well in your part of Arkansas!

I did not know about checking CYA cold so that you for the advice. My water was 60 degrees. And yes, it has been circulating all day and had been for awhile before I tested.

I'll get a overnight test taken too.

And yes, it's been quite a week for AR & MS. We dodged the bad stuff in our area. All in all it was a great family day with perfect weather and so much excitement for swim season!

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.