First drain/refill this Fall - any advice?

KurtinTUS

Silver Supporter
Jul 20, 2017
Tucson
Right on schedule, my three year-old desert pool will be due for a full drain/refill this Fall (CH is 725 and rising). Any ideas for some "While you're at it..." jobs would be most appreciated. I will already be using the opportunity to give the tiles a good scrubbing, but is there anything related to the pebble sheen that can/should only be done when the pool is dry (some sort of deep cleaning, etc?) I do have a couple small rough spots in the pebble sheen where it appears a small piece came loose when the pool was new....any recommendations on how best to spot-patch these areas? I'll also pop out all the IFC heads and spa jets, as well as remove the floor drain cover for a good inspection/cleaning.

Also any gotchas to watch out for in the drain/refill process itself? I was just planning on renting a sump pump and sending the water down our house plumbing cleanout in the front yard.

What else ya got? :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.