First Build - Desert Gold Pebble Sheen? Anyone??

kaydeeloo

Feb 7, 2019
Kingwood, TX
First post! We are building a pool, and I've made it through all of the decisions, with just this last one to go. Pebble Sheen color. I've thought all along that I wanted Desert Gold, but I'm getting cold feet because of the few dark green (algae colored) pools that I've seen online. I want LIGHT GREEN, natural looking, but I know there is no way to dictate that's what you'll get. Does anyone have pictures they can show me? Google produces so few desert gold that I feel I can trust (not sponsored by Pebble Tec!). And there are LOTS of warnings about this color. I'm hoping SOMEONE will have something nice to say about Desert Gold.

pool 02062019.jpg

Hi there! Welcome to TFP :)

The only thing I can say here is that tan colored vinyl lined pools do tend to make the water more green-ish appearing. I'm wondering how much different could gold be? More green perhaps?? I'll see if I can find examples....

Again, welcome! We'd love to see more pics of the pool and details of the build and equipment.

Maddie :flower:

Check these links out---> Search results for query: desert gold pebble sheen

Thanks, Maddie... Here are a few more details, some of which is greek to me! Hopefully no one says, "OHHHH that was a bad idea," because it's probably too late. :) Except for the last piece: the pebble sheen. I'm really struggling with this last decision. (Who am I kidding? I've struggled with them all.)

Pool: 42' X 22'
Spa: 8' round with rollneck design
Capacity: around 24,000 gallons
Filter: Hayward SwimClear 5030
Primary filter pump: Hayward 950 VS Tristar
Feature pump: Hayward Tristar 1.5HP
Heater: Hayward 400K BTU
Pool lighting: 5 Hayward UCL 320 12v LED
Spa lighting: 1 Hayward UCL 320 12v LED
Salt cell: Hayward Turbo T Cell 15
Controls: OmniLogic
Coping and split-face: Tuscany Rustic travertine
Glass tile: Lunada Bay - Tozen Series - Color: Strontium
Spillover feature: Chocolate limestone slab
Decking: salt treated concrete, Butterfield stain - color: smoke

Nothing looks bad to me :) Good choice on getting that SWG cell extra big!

Have you read any of our pool school articles? Its about time to learn about chemistry and your pool testing needs.
I suggest you start here --> Trouble Free Pool

Once you get your water started filling DO NOT stop it for ANY reason short of disaster or you'll risk having visual water fill lines permanently showing in the finish. Use multiple hoses if necessary.

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: kaydeeloo
Thanks for the info. I'll start looking at those articles. I guess you're telling me good choice on something about the salt water? I have no idea what I'm doing. I just signed the contract for what my builder said he would put in the pool. Totally clueless and I didn't run it by anyone who knows anything! I'm so happy with my building process though, so hopefully they took care of me on the front end as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.